Working with HOTAS
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to configure the game controls with a HOTAS system because so far I am only able to get the stick to work in the game.
I mainly want to use the rudder pedals because I have no twist function on the stick.
But also being able to use the Throttle unit would make everything even better. 😎
Welcome on board Nubarus 😊
For a first step (Throttle), please look at ths HowTo in my sig. For the second step (Rudder), there are two possibilities: Rudder as AXIS and rudder as KEY, see pictures in the HowTo above. If you have no axis left for rudder, then you need the keys BANK LEFT and BANK RIGHT on your HOTAS.
I tried to do that but it doesn't work, my HOTAS is listed as 3 seperate controllers and I can only use 1 via the game options.
So I can only use my joystick, the throttle and the rudder pedals do not respond in the game options screens.
Nubarus wrote:I tried to do that but it doesn't work, my HOTAS is listed as 3 seperate controllers and I can only use 1 via the game options.
I am not a WCS developer, but i think exactly this is the problem. WCS can only support one controller, not three. IMHO.
So I can only use my joystick, the throttle and the rudder pedals do not respond in the game options screens.
One possible solution: buy a one-controller-HOTAS like Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X. Some in the WCS Team uses this stick. Personaly i use only joysticks with contact-free technic like "Hall Effect Technology". This sticks uses a magnet field and magnet sensors for detecting movement. Extremly precisely and with a very long lifetime. One of the sticks using this technic is the Thrustmaster T.16000. Yes, it's not a HOTAS, but it is a very good joystick - maybe the best in this price class.
Dear Thrustmaster, i want a bonus for all the ads i made for you. 😂
Well, not really looking to buy another control unit to be honest. The set I got now costs 300,- Euro's and I got it for IL2 Sturmovik 1946, Cliffs of Dover and Evochron Mercenary.
Don't really feel like adding another unit and that I have to keep unplugging one of the 2 when I swap games.
Yes, my suggestion is a possible solution, but not the best in your case, that's true.
Try using ppjoy, i didn't use it personally, but from what I know you can use it to combine all separate input devices into one virtual one which enables you to use them in games which restricts you to use only one input device.
damson wrote:Try using ppjoy, i didn't use it personally, but from what I know you can use it to combine all separate input devices into one virtual one which enables you to use them in games which restricts you to use only one input device.
I tried that but I am unable to install it due to some uncertified driver block.
So I went to look how to fix that and I found a solution, I had to press the windows button + some letter to open some console but nothing happend so I was unable to fix it, thus failed to install ppjoy...........really annoying.
Sorry, not supported unfortunately. Annoying yes, but we had to limit ourselves somewhere.