Autopilot broken?

Forum ▸ Tech Support

Sorry if this is a duplicate but autopilot is not searchable on this forum.

I just installed WC saga and patched it to 1.1.0.7822 I'm trying the prologue to get used to the controls.

The very first mission I get to the point where I should activate auto-pilot but it won't work. The tip shows up for about 5 seconds, the auto indicator is illuminated but I can pound on Alt-A all day and nothing happens. What gives? Is this a bug or is autopilot needlessly complicated to activate?

Sounds like a bug to me. Does this occur every time you play the mission?

Occurs every time. I also tried it on the Darkest Dawn campaign and ran into the same problem. I'm running 64-bit windows 7. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game once, same problem after that. Any ideas?

Please check if the autopilot hotkey is assigned in the options. Are you using Alt or Alt(Gr) to activate the autopilot? The right alt key will not trigger the AP sequence.

I tried both alt keys but the way I originally tried was Left Alt

Please try changing button assignment in the control section of the option menu. Autopilot key is to be found in the misc tab.

Rebinding to Alt-A no change. Binding to Alt-Shift-A works fine.

This got me into looking at other commands... Several other Alt key combination also seem to fail. I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 so I'm wondering if it is some oddity about that keyboard.

That would be my guess.