Error when launching game WIN7
I installed the game onto my D drive to save space on my SSD that runs WIN7 home edition. every time that i try to load this game i get:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index) at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.get_Item(Int32 index) at WingCommanderSaga.Controllers.GraphicsController.LoadCurrentResolution(RegistryKey registryKey) at WingCommanderSaga.Controllers.GraphicsController.LoadCurrentData() at WingCommanderSaga.Launcher.LoadCurrentData() at WingCommanderSaga.Program.Main()
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to get this working. i just bought "heart of the tiger" and "The price of freedom" from GOG.com and id like to play this game in between them.
Welcome aboard, pilot. The installation drive is not an issue per se. Have you tried applying the patch available via our website? Among fixing some minor issues, it supplies updated game launcher (which is what is actually throwing the exception in your case).
I found that if I used the other .exe file in the dir then the game opened flawlessly. I will download the patch to see if it will help after completing the game. Because its currently working I don't want to mess with it yet. Thanks for the advice!
You might need to adjust the video resolution though. You can either try patched launcher or you will need to edit the value in the windows registry.
Additionally to Tolwyn's post: In german forum we have a thread about a problem like this, but not exactly the same. There WCS can't be started via the launcher, but directly with wcsaga_sse2.exe it works. And after several tries there was a solution: Which NET Frameworks is installed on your computer? If you have only 4.0, install NET Framework 3.5 too and try it again.
Luke got it right (I think I didnt explain very well also). I installed .NET framework 3.5 and the regular launcher started working immediately. didnt even have to restart my computer.
the installer for the .net framework is kinda strange though. you click on it and it runs but you never see anything happen. it doesnt even ask if your sure you want to install it. its just done as soon as your done clicking on it.
anyway... Thanks for the help!
@Darkwings229
You're welcome, have fun. 😊
@Tolwyn
This is the second or third case with this "kind of problem" (different error message, but the same problem) and with the same solution. So i think the right solution is now verified enough and a good addition for the troubleshooting thread.
I am on it. Thank you for sharing your insights.