Stuttering issue with v-sync

Forum ▸ Tech Support

Hi all, i am new here

I have detetected a problem with "v-sync on" in full screen, the game is choppy and the scroll of the screen is not fluid when i turn with my joystick (in all directions). I have full fps (60 fps) but i still have this problem. The game run well with vertical sync set to off, but i have a huge tearing effect of the screen. I have seen a strange thing too; if i run the game with "vsync on" in window mode (not in full screen) the game seems to work well. (but only with lower windows resolution than my desktop resolution) Now i am using "vsync on" in "window mode" with 1600 x 900 (my actual desktop resolution is 1680 x 1050) the game is fluid.

I have tested WCS with 2 my computers: - buldozer 6100, ati 6750 1 giga ddr, 8 giga ram under windows 7 - athlon x4 630, geforce 9800 1 giga ddr, 4 giga ram both configuration show "stuttering problem" with vsync on in full screen.

Some my friend report to me the same problem. To see better the problem i use missions with nebulas and planets in background

Is there a particular configuration to fix this problem? or it is a engine problem?

Awesome project, it seems a "commercial game quality!!!"

I had the stuttering problem as well, and I've now decided to leave VSync off permanently. The game runs so much better without VSync that I'm prepared to live with a bit of tearing.

I experience also some stuttering with v-sync activated. Running at 60 fps and it´s like 'hanging' for some microseconds.

--- GTX 670 i5-3550 8 GiB RAM SSDs