Capital Ships duplicate on death.
Hi all. I downloaded WCS on release day, and heave the patch, and have been playing through with no issues so far. However, I just replaced my video card with an HD 7870, using the 12.3 drivers, and have noticed one odd, though relatively minor bug pop up.
For some reason, now whenever a Cap Ship dies on screen, instead of disintegrating from the middle as normal for the engine, the ship creates two copies of itself that drift outward from the explosion, then disappear once the explosion concludes. Like I said, nothing gamebreaking, but odd and mildly irritating.
I've never had this bug in FSO either on any of the myriad ATI cards I've used over the years, and a quick search didn't turn anything up. It doesn't happen in FSO now either, though I doubt that matters since it seems your build is quite a bit different.
Any ideas, WCS team? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That sounds like a new one to me. PM Tolwyn, and he'll give you an account on the bugtracker so you can file an official bug report.
Exact same issue. I'm running a 7970 with the latest Catalyst drivers. Rolling back isn't much of an option on this card if we want to play anything else 😢
As well as completely abysmal performance a lot of the time. Too many ships on screen, asteroid, some planets... Not sure what the deal is.
Hyperion 4, looking at most of the cap ships causes performance to shoot through the floor IF i'm changing my view angle. Once on a constant vector, frame rate goes back up. This has happened at many points in the game, but this happens right after getting off the hermes on this mission, so easy to check.
FadedSpark, You have no idea how happy I am that this isn't actually a unique issue. Even though it sucks that you have it.
However, I may be able to help you with your performance problems. Simply drop this http://filesmelt.com/dl/atioglxx.7z into your WCS folder. I didn't have particularly bad performance before trying that, just a stutter occasionally, but that got rid of all performance issues completely. Hopefully it will help you out too.
PsychoLandlord wrote:FadedSpark, You have no idea how happy I am that this isn't actually a unique issue. Even though it sucks that you have it.That absolutely fixed the bad performance on the third stage of the mission. Seeing how the rest goes.However, I may be able to help you with your performance problems. Simply drop this http://filesmelt.com/dl/atioglxx.7z into your WCS folder. I didn't have particularly bad performance before trying that, just a stutter occasionally, but that got rid of all performance issues completely. Hopefully it will help you out too.
THANK YOU! 😁
Not a problem, my friend, enjoy your Wing Commander. Even with the capship issue, this game is a work of art.