Game crashes right upon start

Forum ▸ Tech Support

I wanted to try this game out, but after installing it and got myself thro the configuration window, the thing just flat crashes every time I try to restart it 😡 ...no wonky debug messages or anything, my Win7 64-bit says just that the application has crashed and that's it...

I also use windows 7 64 bit. Just a question and I mean no offence, but did you unzip after you downloaded? I say that because I almost missed it myself.

Post your system config.

Which System config you mean? I have the same problem - after clicking "run" and screen is getting black, the application crashes...

Your system configuration, hardware, whenever or not you use crossfire. This might give us a few pointers. Also use the search function - these questions have been asked before and there is a number of solutions available that may or may not help you.

Hi, I am not using Crossfire and have the ATI-Driver 12.3. I also downloaded the "new lauchner" which uses the Generic Sound and when the installer asked me to install OpenAL I said Yes.

System is Win7-64-Prof, 24GB RAM, ATI4800-Series Screen is 1920x1080

no Joystick

Personally I use a mid 2010 atioglxx.dll (timestamp 07.07.2010) on my rig (4670 card). Might do the trick for you as well.

A laptop. Win7 64-bit SP1, 4GB RAM, dual core T4300, GeForce G210M 512MB (driver ver 275.33).

I understand you expect this to be a problem with the graphics driver... I will see, what I find...

Thanks and Best Regards, Tobias

Please try running the debug build posted in the other thread and report back.

Alright... tried now both 😁 the debug build runs, and so does today's patch which I noticed just when you mentioned about the debug build. Whatever was fixed, I wonder, but works just perfect so far.

So, the game runs with the newer retail EXE? This is ... weird, but good to know that you are now able to play the game.

Tolwyn wrote:So, the game runs with the newer retail EXE? This is ... weird, but good to know that you are now able to play the game.
Yes, was a surprise, but a pleasant surprise. 😊

Does not help for me - is the source-code available? If it is not too hard, I could go for a debug-session...

Best Regards, Tobias

Please contact KeldorKatarn, our resident coding genius. It would be more than helpful to track down this crashing issue.

Did the debug build crash as well?

I found 4 program versions - every single one crashes... _d was also there...

Addendum: I just applied the Patch 1.1.0.7822 - now it works...

Addendum 2: Sorry - it only worked on time (I saw the beginning video and then the T.O.B.I.). Then I left the application by pressing <ESC> and then I restarted from the Desktop shortcut - crash...

The time it works I have started it from the Patch-Installer: There was a button "Start Game" in the last Dialog which I marked...

Its confirmed - when I lauch the game from the patch installer it works... any idea??

Please try running the game as admin. The installer runs with elevated rights, same applies if you launch the game from the installer.

as-admin helps! Thanks!

Could be related to multi user setup or specific system config/installed software.