Game crashes during Mission

Forum ▸ Tech Support

Hi Guys, i'm having a really annoying problem in the Mission with Bluepoint Station. The Game always crashes for me in the 3rd part of the Mission when I attack the damaged Cat Ships, probably after the 3rd or 4th destroyed ship. I would really love to conclude or somehow skip this mission to get on with the story 😉 I'm playing on an current iMac with a Windows 7 64bit installed in a VMware Fusion 4 which i gave 4 CPU Cores and 6 Gigs of RAM. Aside from a little Graphic Glitch that comes up every now and then i was able to play smooth and fast without any Problem till now. I already tried different graphic settings or even staying back and letting my wingman do the attack but it still crashes every time 😢 If i can contribute anything more to solve the Problem just let me know, i really like what you guys put together here and will play it immediately a 2nd time when you release the Mac Client 😉

Sent you a PM

Hi, Thanks for the reply, here is the File: http://cl.ly/FJWP

And no, unfortunately there are no extra windows, it just throws me back into windows 7 😢

Ok first of all, which mission is this exactly and does it always crash at the same place? if so, describe exactly what happenes before it crashes.

unfortunately the log doesn't tell me much.

Spoiler (click to reveal)It's the first Mission after the revelation of the Behemoth, the Attack on the Captured Outpost Bluepoint Station and a supply convoy. Yes, it crashes always in the 3rd part of the Mission, the first Part is where you are supposed to meet up with a wing of hellcats but they are destroyed by Strakha before you get there. After taking care of that you jump to the next waypoint with more enemys and after that you jump to a new area with more enemys that are already well down on health. It's at this point that the game always crashes for me after me and my wingman have destroyed 3 or 4 of the enemyships. It just closes itself and i'm back on my windows desktop. Would love to find a solution for it but if there isn't one, i'd take any way of skipping this level if there is a way 😉

There's always a way to skip this, I'd just like to find out first why this is crashing (if it is just this nav point I can even give you a custom mission which just skips that one nav point). THing is I wanna make sure this isn't a problem that will keep haunting you across the campaign. it's 4am here right now and I really wanted to take a few days off. So tell me if it's ok if I get back to you with a possible solution in the next few days or whether you really want to keep playing (but I cannot promise then that this won't happen again in a later mission). If you really want to keep playing right away, I will take a few moments tomorrow to create a custom mission for you that just skips that nav point (or simply doesn't have any enemies on it) I'd really appreciate it though if you could test the mission later for us again in case we want to run a few possibly fixes by you. It is possible to restart a mission in the tech room once you have completed it in the campaign

Shure, i can test the Mission for you later after you come back or when you need me to =) I'd appreciate it if you could give me that Mission which skips Nav 3 and i'll get back to you if that fixed it or if it comes back after that again. And when you have time i'll test this mission till it works 😉

Please place this file in *installation path*\WCS\data\missions and reload the game. This removes all enemies at NAV 3. You should be able to complete the mission now.