I can only see half the screen

Forum ▸ Tech Support

At the first screen where you create your pilot, I can only see half the screen. For instance, when you first run the game and it shows "Wing Commander" I can only see "Wing Comm" and the rest of the word is off the right side of my screen. My native resolution is 1920x1080, but it does it when set to any resolution and either fullscreen or run in a window. Setting it to 1024x768 for instance, puts black bars on top and bottom of my monitor and still stretches the image where I can only see "Wing Comm" Any ideas why it won't fit in my monitor?

Sounds like a picture stretching. You aren't, by any chance, running a two monitor setup?

No, just one monitor.

Can I get a screenshot please? I've never heard anything like this.

Here you go. This is the opening movie at 1920x1080 fullscreen.

Pilot creation at 1920x1080 fullscreen

AHHHH! I found it. It was my font settings. I had it set to larger fonts in windows to make it easier for me to read. Apparently the game does not like this.

Yeah, the graphics driver probably uses these settings in a bad way to render OpenGL 3D stuff. Glad you found the problem. We'll write it down in case anybody else runs into this.

Thanks for this forum post. I was having the same problem trying to load WCSaga for the first time. I'll try resetting my font size back to default and see if that solves the problem. Can't wait to play WC again.