Cheats
During mission type following:
iamsuchabadplayer note: German users should type iamsuchabadplazer
Then press Tilde (^) + I to enable invulnerability.
Having already completd the game on Easy mode, I thought that this could be useful when I replay at harder levels. Where to I type this during a mission? I tried typing directly during the mission, but accelerated when I typed the first 'a' and got the comms menu when I typed the 'c'. What am I missing here (assuming that this is not some inside joke that the developers have going at the expense of us clueess players)? Please advise. Viele danke!
Just keep on typing, the game will recognize your input regardless. 😉
SpikeTheElder wrote:Having already completd the game on Easy mode, I thought that this could be useful when I replay at harder levels. Where to I type this during a mission? I tried typing directly during the mission, but accelerated when I typed the first 'a' and got the comms menu when I typed the 'c'. What am I missing here (assuming that this is not some inside joke that the developers have going at the expense of us clueess players)? Please advise. Viele danke!
As Tolwyn said, the game will recognize the code regardless. But since that activation of all the key functions goes on my nerves too during development I usually entered the code during the first autopilot sequence in which the keys don't do anything else.
Ah... I read about this cheat on Facebook first and thought "How to type the Tilde without the AltGR-Key?"
Seems you have mistaken the Caret (^) for a Tilde (~)
is that possible? 😊
Best, Michael
Remember not all keyboard layouts are the same
I see, the cheat requires Tilde which is on a german keyboard the Caret... right?
It's the key below the ESC key.
Heh, the key under ESC in my layout says ½ and § ... just to add to the confusion 😉
I think the issue is the difference between american and some european keyboards
short question is there a cheat for eliminating single targets? like it was in the original wing commander. i have the problem, that i am stuck in a mission which has a time critical mission goal. And apparently i am either to slow or to bad a gamer to accomplish 😉
Ah! The infamous CTRL-ALT-T enemy killer shortcut.
I am glad it isn't in this one. Dogfights is the coolest thing in it.
Anyway, why not go to the tactics/gameplay forum. State the mission & exact problem. Perhaps help can be given. 😊 (use spoiler tags for story elements etc)
Yeah I am in agreement with keeping the dogfighting enjoyable. Still I think it would be nice to have the option there to single target certain enemies if a player gets stuck at a certain mission to the point of frustration (some players may not be as flight savvy or maybe want to focus more on the story elements, who knows). I think it would balance the cheating segment nicely; one to support the player, the other to support the fleet on a nasty escort mission. Cheating is not something I like to support, but i'm sure it would come in handy for some players as a last resort. I remember getting trashed and failing missions alot on my first run with Wing Commander 3 (it was my introduction to space sims) and though the story was awesome and the game fun I have to admit I was a crappy pilot then haha. Happily the cheat saved me from giving up on my first run with the escort missions, I got better and loved the genre in general since.
Yes it sounds like it, but what ever you do Don't Don't! push the RED button... 😂
I confess - growing older since I was a fighter pilot I try to use the cheat... but I think it doesn'nt work. Perhaps I make a mistake by typing it? Are there any spacebars between the elements or have I to type the brackets too?
Greets, Greaser
Pleasy try substituting Y with Z.
THX! The hint with the german keyboard was clear to me...
So do I have to enter this code in every mission to maintain constant activation? Or just every time I start the game and then they remain active for the session?
What does this code actually do?
I am dying repeatedly with the code on and I'm still only in Chapter 5 of the Prologue. As far as I have been able to tell the code does absolutely nothing really, unless it is only good for the mission in which you activate it. I have tried reactivating it and I get no response from the game. I did get a notice that it turned on the first time I put it in, but still collisions and blasts both reduce my hull integrity until I am dead.
I am playing on Very Easy with Invulnerability on, I played both WCIII and IV multiple times, and I'm dying repeatedly on Chapter 5 of the freaking Prologue. It's very frustrating and not fun or enjoyable at all.
Thanks for stopping by. Did you press ^+I after activating the cheat mode?
Yes, on the first mission, the mission in which I put in the iamabadplayer code, doing so gave me a message saying I was invulnerable. In later missions I got no response from either iamabadplayer or ~+i
Edit: I switched to using the debug build since it has more cheats anyway and now everything is working great.
frustratedplayer wrote:Yes, on the first mission, the mission in which I put in the iamabadplayer code, doing so gave me a message saying I was invulnerable. In later missions I got no response from either iamabadplayer or ~+iEdit: I switched to using the debug build since it has more cheats anyway and now everything is working great.
The debug build? more cheats?
We released the debug build because it allows some people with driver issues to play. We do NOT recommend that. it will screw up your HUD information and slow down your framerate a great deal and also give you access to game breaking functionality. Do NOT play with that version unless we tell you to because of a driver issue. You will not get the designed experience out of it.
Oh I see, thanks for the info.
is this the only cheat???? this helps me but what about the escort ships, in the original freespace 2 game you could enable invincibility on the selected target by pressing ~ SHIFT I
infinte weapons was also possible with ~W infinte weapons for all ships was ~ SHIFT W
weapons dont matter much but i would like to be able to turn the friendly capships and wingmen into gods
WCS removed a few features out of FS2, among them is every cheat code but invulnerability. I suppose it is because you could get invulnerable in WC games.
Other removed feature includes the ship lab, which more than half the FS player base didn't know about anyway, and the tech room cheat, which could temporarily unlock every item in the techroom.
Now these features might still be there there in the debug build, which isn't recommended for reasons mentionned above by KeldorKatarn.
you wouldnt have needed the tech room cheat with the cheat in the game that allows u to scroll through both secondary and primary weapons by pressing ~9 to cycle forward through secondary weapons; and press ~0 to cycle forward through the primary weapons; just add the shift key to go backwards
So that things are clear.....
1. I should type in iamsuchabadplayer~ exactly like this is typed in autopilot
Is that how it should look?
2. HOW do you know when the cheat is activated? Is there a voice, message or what to tell you when you have activated or de-activated the cheat?
you will see a mesage "CHEATING ENABLED" or something like that in the message window (top left of the screen)
Here is another cheat that someone gave me on another topic....It is not a trainer, but will do for cheats
So you can type in iamsuchabadplayer~ for God mode and the message below for almost unlimited guns and missles.
But if you want more cheats, then yes, you CAN use the debug.exe...I used it all through the prolouge and main game and the ONLY thing I experienced was to have to revert to the original.exe a couple of times to get through a couple of missions. But it's saves were exactly where I had the debug.exe saves, so I just used the original game.exe to get through a couple of missions and used the debug.exe the rest of the time.
Other than that, it worked in win 7 ultimate 32 bit for me. If you use the debug.exe, you can also use the original freespace 2 cheats found on the web. But...if you just want to use the regular game .exe, then the cheats below should do the trick.
by X3N0-Life-Form » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 am Not quite a trainer, but placing this in a file called something-wep.tbm in <WCS folder>/data/tables should make guns consume 100 times less energy and confed fighters able to carry 10 000 times more missiles.
#Primary Weapons ;; divided energy consummed by 100 $Name: @Ion +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.035 ; 3.5
$Name: @Laser +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.006825 ; 0.6825 ;was then 0.625
$Name: @Light Tachyon +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.0314 ; 3.14
$Name: @Mass Driver +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.012 ; 1.2
$Name: @Meson +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.022 ; 2.2 ;was 1.6
$Name: @Neutron +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.0125 ; 1.25 ;was 2.0
$Name: @Particle +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.022 ; 2.2
$Name: @Photon +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.032 ; 3.2 ;was 3.2
$Name: @Plasma +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.044 ; 4.4
$Name: @Reaper +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.012 ; 1.2 ;was 1.7
$Name: @Tachyon +nocreate $Energy Consumed: 0.04 ; 4.0
#End
#Secondary Weapons ;; divided cargo size by 10 000 $Name: @Dart Dumbfire +nocreate $Cargo Size: 0.001 ; 10.0
$Name: @Pilum FF +nocreate $Cargo Size: 0.001 ; 10.0
$Name: @Javelin HS +nocreate $Cargo Size: 0.001 ; 10.0
$Name: @Spiculum IR +nocreate $Cargo Size: 0.001 ; 10.0
$Name: @Porcupine +nocreate $Cargo Size: 0.001 ; 10.0
$Name: Lance +nocreate $Cargo Size: 0.004 ; 40.0
#End