Bug Report: Game is lagging

Forum ▸ Tech Support

Hello, I play this game at resolution 1680x1050 with all graphic details set to maximum. My FPS is average 60-80. When I am in space, the game slightly freezes every two seconds. The FPS counter drops from 70ish to 50 for a split second and back to 70. This results in a very shaky / laggy movement and I cannot really aim.

Another issue is the Font. Around every letter I see a small box and the 'space' between letters is displayed as underscore: _ .

My Specs are: Windows XP (Sp3) ATI 4770 Dual Core 2.2Ghz 2GB Ram

corthreat wrote:Hello, I play this game at resolution 1680x1050 with all graphic details set to maximum. My FPS is average 60-80. When I am in space, the game slightly freezes every two seconds. The FPS counter drops from 70ish to 50 for a split second and back to 70. This results in a very shaky / laggy movement and I cannot really aim.

Another issue is the Font. Around every letter I see a small box and the 'space' between letters is displayed as underscore: _ .

The font issue in known but we cannot do much about it at the moment.

As for the shaky movement, try deactivating VSync in the launcher.

aaah, vsync. Thanks for the hint it might be that 😊

It's not vsync I'm using a core i5 750, 7gb ram, Radeon 6950 1gb and every time I look at any of the large ships my frame rate drops and I get the laggy gameplay. I even turned everything off and everything on low and it still happens.

Try copying the atioglxx.dll from Windows\system32 / Windows\SysWOW64 to the game folder.

If that doesn't help try updating or downgrading your driver, then copy that file to the game folder again. After that you can update the driver again.

We had this issue before, it is unfortunately driver related.

Try turning any optimizations, or AA or whatever in your driver control center off. ATI unfurtunately has a tendency to have bad OpenGL support and several chips and drivers from ATI make a lot of trouble.