Mouse mode
First of all, great job on the game. It runs smooth, and the controls are very responsive. So far I am really enjoying it. I have a simple question though. I am trying to play the game in mouse mode, and I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the moving recticle that responds to your mouse movements. For some reason, I find it extremely distracting. I can live with it, and it is by no means a big deal. It would just be nice if I could disable it. Thanks
You mean keeping the mouse control but not having the reticle?
I think that the reticle is a great feedback to where the virtual stick is placed, otherwise it would be difficult to center it quickly (no visual feedback, only from ships movement). And BTW it is exactly how it was in original WC1/2 (don't remember WC3 - played it only with the stick).
I agree with the original poster. I would really appreciate it if in MOUSE FLIGHT there was a way to have the targeting reticle locked to the center of the HUD. Instead we have a reticle that flies all over the screen for really no purpose. It does not do that with a Joystick, so why with the mouse?
In other flight sim games where the reticle moves all over the mouse, usually you can have your guns follow the reticle. But in Wing Commander Saga, the guns fire directly from the front, they don't track with the reticle. So I find it very disorienting to have two targeting systems flying all over the screen at once.
I'll also add that since I have not used a joystick in years but I still play many flight/space sims, I have a lot of practice using the mouse in these kinds of games. I have yet to run into a game that uses this goofy model. Normally there is an option to lock the reticle in the center during mouse flight of have the guns actually track the moving reticle.
I hope you guys will fix this or add the option for it. Otherwise this is a fantastic game and totally makes me want to get all my old Wing Commander games.
We're already working on a patch that might include something like this 😉 Stay tuned.
Alright, I am hopeful for the patch. I will be staying tuned and playing a lot of WC Saga. I am so impressed with what you guys did. I'm telling all my buddies about this game, and I've gotten in contact with some old friends I haven't seen in probably a decade to let them know about this game. It's fun because now we are reminiscing about old WC gaming sessions while creating new memories with WC Saga.
Thanks guys! (And I'm still pushing for my mouse control scheme stated above...please? 😊
Cosmonaut_Roger wrote:Alright, I am hopeful for the patch. I will be staying tuned and playing a lot of WC Saga. I am so impressed with what you guys did. I'm telling all my buddies about this game, and I've gotten in contact with some old friends I haven't seen in probably a decade to let them know about this game. It's fun because now we are reminiscing about old WC gaming sessions while creating new memories with WC Saga.
That's awesome mate 😊
Thanks guys! (And I'm still pushing for my mouse control scheme stated above...please? 😊
I'm not sure if this is what you want (we're already testing a patch with a different mouse scheme), but maybe you want to give this baby a whirl for now?
extract this in your game folder and make sure the pcx ends up in data/hud/
if it isn't what you want, just delete it again.
📎 [Attachment: no_mouse_reticle.zip]
I'm not sure if this is what you want (we're already testing a patch with a different mouse scheme), but maybe you want to give this baby a whirl for now?
extract this in your game folder and make sure the pcx ends up in data/hud/
if it isn't what you want, just delete it again
It works just perfect ➡️
I couldn't get the (no_mouse_reticle.zip) to work after a few attempts so, I'll wait for the patch. Using the mouse certainly takes some getting used to. No gripes though...Wing Commander Saga ROCKS!
Cammer wrote:I couldn't get the (no_mouse_reticle.zip) to work after a few attempts so, I'll wait for the patch. Using the mouse certainly takes some getting used to. No gripes though...Wing Commander Saga ROCKS!
Disregard that...I got it to work just fine. Thanks! 😊 The hunting is better now!
First of all thanks for the awesome game. I had no dogfight action since i played Darkstar One^^ but this new game made me realise the whole FSO community and awesome mods like wcsaga.
BUT ! 😊
My Problem with the mouse mode is, that if i use xpadder to get my xbox 360 pad to work correctly with FSO (Triggers RT LT dont work otherwise) i cannot establish a working flight control. a) Xpadder Numpad -> Game No Mouse No Joystick In this case the turning speed of the ship is way too fast i cannot aim b) Xpadder Mouse -> Game to Mouse Control If you try to put the ship down and then up the mouse cursor has to "pass" the center of the hud. While this happens the ship does not move which results in a very "bad" feeling for the ships movement and a resulting bad aim. I already tried the no mouse reticle fix you provided but that just makes the grey thingy invisible. The way the ship reacts to mouse movement is the same. I hope you will fix this or provide alternate mouse controls as you already mentioned for a future patch 😊
Ah i forgot. I just tried out FS2 Upgrade Mod from FSO, and there the mouse control is perfekt, maybe you could just tell me how to switch it?
Edit 2:
Ok i solved the issue for me: If you want to control the ship with the right stick of the Xbox 360 Pad you can just swap the Axis in Xpadder. Then you can run the game with the joystick settings and the Trigger (RTLT) and the stick work! Time to kill some CATS :X
The game is awesome, 10x. But i'm having hard times aiming with keboard. And the current mouse mode doesn't help (
Can we please have a patch mentioned? With FSO2 mouse controlls?
It is coming....
TY, m8s. Playing on KB. Great game.
Hey. OP here. Just wanted to say, that file works great. Thanks for the quick and effective response, and I apologize for not clarifying my post more. This is exactly what I wanted though. Now. Onto blowin up more kitties. 😁
Ok, the next patch will not have this as a feature but just keep the file where it is, it will continue working after the upcoming patch.
Is there a way to bind the key to the movement of the mouse, not the position of the cursor? Like when you move the mouse in x direction the ship moves and when the mouse is still so is the movement?
I tried the provided 'nomouseretical' patch above... Even though it does remove the mouse retical, it doesn't remove the mouse dead zone and doesn't prevent the mouse from panning off screen.
I saw earlier that the mouse dead zone is being addressed, but what about the mouse panning off screen?