Hey the FS2 Cheats don't work...

Forum ▸ Tech Support

Guys:

Sure, I'm a horrible fellah 😳 , but I need to know if any cheats exist. I was able to use the Freespace 2 cheats on the prologue but it seems to not work on the main campaign.

Thanks ahead of time

I will have to look it up, but there is still a god mode cheat.

I believe it is "iamsuchaterribleplayer" 😉

Like I said, I need to double check.

actually it is "iamsuchabadplayer"

First, thank you very much.... then: No cheats for things like unlimited ammo & invincibility for your comrades?

No. These are known to cause glitches, so we had to disable those.

For those who aren't aware of how FS2 cheats worked, you simply need to type in the cheat phrase during normal gameplay; no special text entry mode or anything. Depending on how your keybindings are set up, this can have unintended consequences; it may be easier to type in the cheat code during an autopilot sequence, so you don't accidentally issue commands you didn't want. The cheat should last until the end of the mission; to deactivate it, simply re-enter the cheat code (it's effectively a toggle).

Oh, and you don't need to worry about your wingmen dying in WCSaga nearly so much as you did in some of the earlier Wing Commander games; they generally do a pretty good job of keeping themselves alive.

I am very tempting to use this cheat in Prologue. However, how can we skip the long autopilot and stop hearing the same dialogues a hundred times? I keep dying and restarting the mission from the beginning starts to become very boring.

The autopilot sequence per se is not long (unless of course, you are actually flying to a nav point manually). The combat may be a bit challenging, but that is why you can reduce the overall difficulty.

For those who don't know, you can change the overall difficulty of the game from the main options menu in between missions. You can't change the difficulty during a mission; you need to do it from the main hall. If you're having difficulty, we would strongly recommend trying things on the lowest difficulty before using cheats.

So what you're saying is that the Kilrathi's claws ARE sharper than yours?

Using cheats... :shakes head: What is this manned space force coming to?