Fatal error

Forum ▸ Tech Support

I installed the game and when I clicked on the game icon to play I get this error each time; instantly:

[Image: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/lubetek/wingcommandererror.jpg]

My PC specs:

Intel 2500K 8GB DDR3 6970 2gb [CF] (Latest drivers) 6970 2gb [CF] onboard sound Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. (up to date)

Try going to the game directory and starting the game directly. the executable is called wcsaga_sse2.exe

Tell us if that worked for you.

From the video card you have listed it may be part of the ATI bug we know of. Here is the link to the current fix for this:

http://www.wcsaga.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic

Let me know if this works or not. Thank you

Exterminator17

Exterminator17 wrote:From the video card you have listed it may be part of the ATI bug we know of. Here is the link to the current fix for this:

http://www.wcsaga.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic

Let me know if this works or not. Thank you

Exterminator17

That's unlikely.

I rather think this might be related to his two graphics cards

@OP: What screen resolution are you currently running your system at?

Okay well first off the game is loading now. using the second exe to start the game located in the game folder worked. The exe being placed on the desktop doesn't.

As for the game working I can't say yet as I'm away from my PC now and I'm remoting in to check things.

I will be playing at 1920x1080

I will update this thread later today but as of right now the game does load up.

Thanks for the quick help.

Keep us informed. What crashed on you wasn't the game, just the launcher. For some reason it seems to be unable to detect the supported screen resolutions.

If all fails I can tell you how to set that settig without the launcher though. No worries.

I am having a similar issue. Once I launch the exe (I have also tried the direct exe from the program folder - wcsaga_sse2.exe), everything goes black and nothing happens even if I let it go for a while. Once I double-click, I get the error. I have dual-screens enabled, but I don't know if that is causing the issue.

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: wcsaga_sse2.exe Application Version: 1.0.2.7795 Application Timestamp: 4f68c5d9 Fault Module Name: wcsaga_sse2.exe Fault Module Version: 1.0.2.7795 Fault Module Timestamp: 4f68c5d9 Exception Offset: 0004da1f Exception Code: c0000417 Exception Data: 00000000 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 7cc9 Additional Information 2: 7cc9562b705fed3874823e0f8338ec16 Additional Information 3: e75c Additional Information 4: e75c76a78ff0b318ce5980d338db0564

My Specs: Windows 7 64x Ulti SP1 Desktop resolution: 1920x1080 (I have tried different resolutions within the game but none work) Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 16 GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 6770 with Catalyst 12.1 (12.3 is current but it breaks Skyrim)

Let me know any suggestions. Thanks!

My system is a similar configuration as yours and I have no problems. The main difference I see is the resolution. Throughout the development of the game, we have seen problems with the Catalyst software as its drivers get updated, sometimes it creates problems with the Freespace engine sometimes not.

I am currently running version 11.9 with a resolution of 1680 x 1050 and am not having any problems. If you can roll back your driver version, you might try that and see if it makes a difference

Well i run all of my games at 1920x1080 and though I can load the game fine I cannot play. Every time I select a room to enter at the main bridge screen the game locks up and then stops responding. I will try window mode and see if that works.

Okay, I'm lame. I figured it out.

First, thanks Thor for the reply. I did roll back my AMD Catalyst driver to 11.9 and ran my desktop and the game in 1680x1050 but it still did not load - black screen and everything was frozen.

Next I did what I should have done from the start. I ran the troubleshoot compatibility in Windows 7 by right-clicking on the wcsaga_sse2.exe. DUH! Win 7 suggested that I run it in XP SP2 (or maybe it was service pack 3). The game ran nicely after a restart (it was choppy at first cuz Windows was asking if it could keep the settings in the background). Once the settings was saved to the exe, I changed everything back to Catalyst 12.1 and ran the game in full 1920x1080 and everything ran nicely! So, at least with my build, you can run WGSAGA with Catalyst 12.1. I haven't tested the game with Catalyst 12.3 but I won't since it currently breaks Skyrim. Also, once you save the compatibility settings to wcsaga_sse2.exe, you can run the desktop launcher and not have anymore issues.

Thanks!

window mode works fine but not full screen. In window mode I can play no problem.

WhiteNoise wrote:window mode works fine but not full screen. In window mode I can play no problem.

The launcher still crashes on you, correct?

Thanks for your description on how you resolved your issue, others who are having a similar problem may be able to do the same as you have done and get the game to work.