Mac Version
So in 2012 the OSX release was imminent.. it was all compiled and ready to go except for some undisclosed hitch...
its nearly 2015.... sounds like project abandoned?
b_klever wrote:So in 2012 the OSX release was imminent.. it was all compiled and ready to go except for some undisclosed hitch...its nearly 2015.... sounds like project abandoned?
Yes. Read also this.
At my point of view: there is no linux programer and no osx programer for WCS left. I am the only programer who work on the WCS source and i am working only on Windows machines. I started 2012 as WCS player and then in autumn 2013 Arrow and me started a new project (i am no WCS team member officially) and we created a little new team for our WCS translation project and WCS+. But that's it, only for Windows and i have no knowhow and no time to support other operating systems.
If I ever get WCS to run in an acceptable state on standard FSO builds, that would be the closest thing to an OSX release we'll ever get. And I don't exactly have a lot of time a motivation to dedicate to that particular project.
Ok cool, thank you for the update...
Well the hardware requirements are pretty low... can easily pick up a cheap PC to run it...
Thanks for the support guys! keep up the great work and thank you for rebooting the greatest game of all time