Saitek X45 Spinning on launch
Good evening,
I'm very impressed with the game, but I cannot get my Saitek X45 joystick to function properly.
As soon as I start the first mission, my ship is in the hanger spinning. It starts out pitching up & somersaulting nose over tail. The throttle works just fine. The problem is with the pitch, yaw & roll axis. If I unbind them, the spinning stops (but obviously that's not much of a work around if I want to use the stick).
I'm running 64-bit Win 7 ultimate and the joystick is a Saitek X45. Re-binding the keys immediately results in the spinning starting as soon as I exit the options screen. I have also recalibrated several times. The stick works flawlessly on the calibration screen.
I've checked the "current joystick" key in the registry, it's set to 0, if I set it to 1 or 2, the joystick (and throttle) cease to function.
I've also started directly from wcsaga_sse2.exe to no avail.
Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone else solved it? I saw the previous thread entitled, "spinning views" which sounds like the same problem, but I've been unable to remedy the problem using any of the methods posted in that thread.
I appreciate any help anyone can provide with this. Thank You.
Bumping that so that it stays above the bazillion spambots.
I'm not a stick user myself, so there is not much more that I can suggest, you've done pretty much every troubleshooting tests I can think of.
Thanks for the bump, sadly it doesn't seem like there is a lot of activity on this board.
There isn't. I think I'm the only one that comes here daily, the other regulars are a bit more erratic.
You might have a bit more luck at the Hard Light Productions forum, the main hub for all things Freespace Open related. If you've got any trouble getting registered due to the spambot filter, PM me the email address you used and I'll send a message to one of the admins.
Welcome on board @braedan51 😊
I have a guess. Please post a screen from your ingame joystick configuration here.
X3N0-Life-Form wrote:Bumping that so that it stays above the bazillion spambots.
Yeah, this is... 😡
Please Tolywn, give me global mod status here too so i am able to kick these spambot bastards and their spam bullshit to hell! Without X3N0's bump i never would see this thread here.
I think I'm the only one that comes here daily, the other regulars are a bit more erratic.
Well... my new home is the WCS+ sourcecode. 😁
Luke wrote:Please post a screen from your ingame joystick configuration here.Here is my control configuration page. http://i.imgur.com/yVx2AY6.jpg
I actaully just stumbled upon a fix. I had downloaded WCSaga Prologue, thinking it was additional content, but now I see it was a pre-release demo. ..Anyway.. The launcher for WCSaga Prologue let me change the driver from the Saitek X45 Driver back to the generic Win32 Joystick Driver.
Using the Win32 driver & calibration the game works flawlessly. I can't say I understand how it works, but I'm happy it does. If you can shed any light as to why Saitek's driver doesn't work I'm eager to hear it.
My system is Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, the Joystick as stated, is a Saitek X45 w/ the latest drivers. Using the Saitek driver & calibration tool, the stick calibrates outside of the game, but will not work in the game.
ACK! My image is too big....right click & choose, "View Image" to see the entire jpg. -- THANKS
Glad you managed to find a fix 😊
Though I am somewhat amused that the fix came from getting what is supposed to be an old, outdated launcher and use that instead of WCS's inhouse launcher 😁
Your joystick config is correct. hmm...
braedan51 wrote:..Anyway.. The launcher for WCSaga Prologue let me change the driver from the Saitek X45 Driver back to the generic Win32 Joystick Driver.Using the Win32 driver & calibration the game works flawlessly. I can't say I understand how it works, but I'm happy it does. If you can shed any light as to why Saitek's driver doesn't work I'm eager to hear it.
I have no answer for this. I only know, we have definitely other X52 pilots with WCS.
Whatever... have fun. 😊
Well, I'm using an X45, which is older than the X52 (but hey, I paid $300 for it years ago - I'm not replacing it unless it breaks..)
Anyway, Saitek's support is terrible & their software isn't very good. I suspect the problem lies in their drivers. The X45 was originally intended to be run on 32-bit WinXp or Win2k, so I'm just happy it works at all on 64-Bit Win7.
Thanks for trying to help!
braedan51 wrote:ACK! My image is too big....right click & choose, "View Image" to see the entire jpg. -- THANKS
Fixed. Replaced with a simple link.
braedan51 wrote:Well, I'm using an X45, which is older than the X52 (but hey, I paid $300 for it years ago - I'm not replacing it unless it breaks..)
Ooops, sorry. Yeah, if it works why change it.