auto pilot

Forum ▸ Tech Support

I am currently stuck on the first mission as I can not get alt-a to work nor will alt-n work either. I have tried to look up on how to bind keys but I have not had much luck with that.

What's your keyboard layout?

I have a Saitek keyboard, AMD Phenom 9500 Quadcore, 4 gig memory, 960 gt Nvidia graphics card, with 500gig hard drive. I do not have a keyboard layout. I just follow whatever is when I press F1 for help with key commands.

What I meant was: is your keyboard a QWERTY or something else?

FSO - and by extension Wing Commander Saga can get a little fonky when dealing with non-QWERTY layout, meaning it often considers your keyboard to be QWERTY while it isn't. For instance, if you've got an AZERTY keyboard, you have to press alt-Q instead of alt-A to activate the autopilot.

I do not know what kind of keyboard it is. I guess I will find out and get back with you.

I do have a QWERTY keyboard according to the Saitek website. I do have not had any problems with any of the games since installing this keyboard several years ago.

That's odd then. Have you tried rebinding the key? It's in Options --> Control config --> misc --> "toggle autopilot"

I rebinded and that worked.

Yay! Enjoy the game 😊