Mission Editor Released

Forum ▸ Mods

We have finally brought you Wing Commander Saga’s mission editor. Along with giving players the ability to create new missions for Wing Commander Saga, the kit comes with an autopilot template for the game. That’s right, you can now create missions that offer the flyby sequences that were a central part of the Wing Commander ethos, offering a much shorter wait time between nav points and also a cinematic flair that has always been a trademark of Wing Commander.

We have decided to make something special to help you get the hang of our tools. We have created a loose remake of the first two missions in Wing Commander 3. Our demo package features the original voice-overs of Mark Hamil, Jason Bernard, and the other classic WC3 actors who were highlighted in the first two missions. Briefing and launch sequences are also included. You can grab the package here. The process of creating those missions was documented and an early tutorial draft has been included.

What are you waiting for? Grab the tools, and start modding your wingnut heart out. For all your modding questions, please post on this board.

downloading now. so how is the mission editor from the freespace one could i have used the generic fred the whole time?

Vanilla FRED won't work. You should be familiar with FRED though.

Awesome, I have to check that out as soon as I got the time. Thanks, T 😊

Hi,

The Editor cant find my WC saga installation. I dont know why its definitely there.

I installed to a different directory than program files when i installed Saga originally. I also installed the patch for Darkest Dawn. I dont why either would make a difference.

A file pops up saying about a fresh installation. I can do this if it fixes the problem but what files do i need to save to keep my pilot profile?

Where did you install to? FRED itself needs to be in the same folder as the Wing Commander Saga.exe

Ah haha,

Sorry my bad it works. I extracted it to the right directory but needed to place the files directly in the Wing Commander Saga folder rather than leaving them in their own extracted FRED file.

Thanks