Keyword

Topic-icon Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos

  • HeartOfTheTiger
  • HeartOfTheTiger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Spaceman
  • Spaceman
More
2 years 10 months ago #9625 by HeartOfTheTiger
HeartOfTheTiger created the topic: Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos
I know this is probably a ship table mod but I want the Excalibur to be able to carry torpedos. What do I need to adjust to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • X3N0-Life-Form
  • X3N0-Life-Form's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Master Chief Petty Officer
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #9626 by X3N0-Life-Form
X3N0-Life-Form replied the topic: Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos
You need to create a modular ships table, iow is a text file called something-shp.tbm, whose contents will look a bit like this (I'll let you fill in the blanks for now, I need to absorb more tea to get my brain working), and put this in data/tables.
#Ship Classes

$Name:    [whatever the excalibur's full name is, as it appears in the mission editor]
  +nocreate
$Allowed SBanks: ("list" "of" "confed" "missiles" ", don't" "forget" "to" "add" "the confed torpedo" "in there")

#End

Next is adding torpedoes to the team loadouts of the missions you want.
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by X3N0-Life-Form.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • HeartOfTheTiger
  • HeartOfTheTiger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Spaceman
  • Spaceman
More
2 years 10 months ago #9627 by HeartOfTheTiger
HeartOfTheTiger replied the topic: Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos
I have put the following into a TBM file called excal-wep.tbm in data\tables:
#Ship Classes

$Name: F-103A Excalibur
  +nocreate
$Allowed SBanks: ( "Pilum FF" "Spiculum IR" "Javelin HS" "Porcupine" "Dart Dumbfire" "Lance" )
$Allowed Dogfight SBanks: ( "Pilum FF" "Spiculum IR" "Javelin HS" "Porcupine" "Dart Dumbfire" "Lance" )

I still can't select the torpedo. What did I do wrong here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • X3N0-Life-Form
  • X3N0-Life-Form's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Master Chief Petty Officer
More
2 years 10 months ago #9628 by X3N0-Life-Form
X3N0-Life-Form replied the topic: Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos
That'll teach me to post half asleep ...

OK, the table actually needs to be called excal-shp.tbm
Sorry for the inconvenience :s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • HeartOfTheTiger
  • HeartOfTheTiger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Spaceman
  • Spaceman
More
2 years 10 months ago #9629 by HeartOfTheTiger
HeartOfTheTiger replied the topic: Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos

X3N0-Life-Form wrote: That'll teach me to post half asleep ...

OK, the table actually needs to be called excal-shp.tbm
Sorry for the inconvenience :s


It's ok :) So if I want to mod a SHIP the file format has to be <name>-shp.tbm. To mod a Weapon use the other format

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • HeartOfTheTiger
  • HeartOfTheTiger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Spaceman
  • Spaceman
More
2 years 10 months ago #9634 by HeartOfTheTiger
HeartOfTheTiger replied the topic: Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos

HeartOfTheTiger wrote: I have put the following into a TBM file called excal-wep.tbm in data\tables:

#Ship Classes

$Name: F-103A Excalibur
  +nocreate
$Allowed SBanks: ( "Pilum FF" "Spiculum IR" "Javelin HS" "Porcupine" "Dart Dumbfire" "Lance" )
$Allowed Dogfight SBanks: ( "Pilum FF" "Spiculum IR" "Javelin HS" "Porcupine" "Dart Dumbfire" "Lance" )


If I remove the allowed DogFight line that means that I cannot use the torpedo against fighters...correct? I also added the necessary #End statment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • X3N0-Life-Form
  • X3N0-Life-Form's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Master Chief Petty Officer
More
2 years 10 months ago #9635 by X3N0-Life-Form
X3N0-Life-Form replied the topic: Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos
Actually, Dogfight weapons are only used for multiplayer dogfight games, so you don't need to concern yourself with that ;) .



If you want more info about tables: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Tables
Note that the WCS engine is an offshoot of Freespace Open 3.6.12, and as such doesn't support any feature from higher versions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • HeartOfTheTiger
  • HeartOfTheTiger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Spaceman
  • Spaceman
More
2 years 10 months ago #9636 by HeartOfTheTiger
HeartOfTheTiger replied the topic: Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos
This makes the Excalibur a nice capship killer :) I figure if it carried a T-Bomb Lance torpedoes ought to be nothing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • KeldorKatarn
  • KeldorKatarn's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 9 months ago #9649 by KeldorKatarn
KeldorKatarn replied the topic: Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos

HeartOfTheTiger wrote: This makes the Excalibur a nice capship killer :) I figure if it carried a T-Bomb Lance torpedoes ought to be nothing!

According to the novel carrying that T-Bomb actually meant leaving the entire rest of the payload behind and being very sluggish, that's why Blair wanted >two excaliburs guarding him while he was a sitting duck in that machine. Didn't play out like that in the game but it makes sense, so the excal was never really meant to carry anything of that magnitude.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • HeartOfTheTiger
  • HeartOfTheTiger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Spaceman
  • Spaceman
More
2 years 9 months ago #9650 by HeartOfTheTiger
HeartOfTheTiger replied the topic: Mod Excalibur to carry torpedos

KeldorKatarn wrote:

HeartOfTheTiger wrote: This makes the Excalibur a nice capship killer :) I figure if it carried a T-Bomb Lance torpedoes ought to be nothing!

According to the novel carrying that T-Bomb actually meant leaving the entire rest of the payload behind and being very sluggish, that's why Blair wanted >two excaliburs guarding him while he was a sitting duck in that machine. Didn't play out like that in the game but it makes sense, so the excal was never really meant to carry anything of that magnitude.


I forgot about that! Duh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TParisdamsonThorarisian
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds