BlogLearn historical details about development

In this section of the Wing Commander Saga webpage, you can find historical details about development of Wing Commander Saga.

DATE: 2009.19.09

Welcome to the latest news update. This week, we're taking a look at game design methodology.

On the game design front, we're adhering to the philosophical ideals we established in Prologue - if it isn't fun, it's getting cut. This sounds like a pretty obvious methodology, but trust me, as we learned in Prologue, it's not as cut and dried as it seems. A lot of features get momentum behind them, and the more momentum they get, the harder it becomes to cut them. In the end, though, you have to do what's best for the game, even if it means cutting out your favorite feature which is always painful to do.

Still, I love this time of the project. We're making steady progress, but we're still exploring ideas. Best of all, we're still incredibly flexible, which is going to be critical in the next couple of months as we start getting feedback from our testers. Honestly, that's one of the things I'm most excited about. We want to make the game you all want to play; after all, we're making it for you.

-Tolwyn